Fulwell 73 is launching a competition for short form comedy content
We want funny, original films to showcase brilliant female talent. Stories, characters, sketches – we are open to everything. Over the next twelve months one film per month will be selected to feature on Fulwell’s YouTube channel and the winners will be paid £150 (per film).
Entries can be submitted by individuals or teams and must include a female director and/or writer. The content must be original comedy created for the competition and ideally between 1 and 5 minutes in length. Films should be best possible quality, 16:9 (widescreen) format, and have sound. The max file size is 128GB. Entries filmed on phones are acceptable.
The competition opens from 1st May 2021 and is ongoing for the next 12 months.
Submissions should be sent to email@example.com with a short paragraph about yourself.
The winners will be decided by Fulwell 73.
Comedy 50/50 T&C’s
We are thrilled that you have decided to submit an entry to this Comedy 50/50 initiative in conjunction with Fulwell 73.
In submitting your video you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions.
The Legal Bits:
1. This initiative is organised by Comedy 50:50 and supported by Fulwell 73 Limited. Comedy 50/50 is a non profit organisation which aims to address the gender imbalance in comedy. Fulwell 73 Limited is a company specialising in production services for the creative industries (both parties referred to as “us” “our” or “we”).
2. Entry to this competition is open to any female writer or performer who are full time residents of the UK (including the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man). Entry is only open to those over the age of 18.
3. Entrants should record a 1 – 5 minute video of their choosing showing their comedic artistic talents. Entry is via e-mail to the following firstname.lastname@example.org You will be asked to provide your name, gender, and verify that you are over 18 years old.
4. All recordings should be submitted in English.
5. Entrants can enter individually, as a pair or as a team .Only one entry per person/pair or team is permitted and the video must be wholly written or directed by the entrant only. If more than one entry is submitted, only the entrant’s first submission will be considered. Female / male creative partnerships are permitted to enter the competition.
6. Please do not endanger yourself or others, take any unnecessary risks or break any laws when creating any content you wish to submit.
7. Entries must be an original piece of work or an account of real events. Anecdotes can feature well known public figures from present day or from history or use real-life experiences as a creative springboard so long as the video is original.
8. Entrants retain the copyright in their entries but you grant us a perpetual non-exclusive royalty-free licence to publish, broadcast (across all media) and post the entry online. This licence will be deemed to include all the necessary rights and permissions to enable such use by us.
9. You confirm that your contribution is your own original work, is not defamatory or unlawful and does not infringe anyone else’s rights (including privacy rights). You also confirm that your contribution is made in your personal (rather than business) capacity and that such contribution does not unfairly promote or further any business activities and has not been contributed for commercial gain. You also confirm that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your contribution.
10. Successful entrants will have their video uploaded to the Fulwell 73 Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQKCHTy7BYp5Fik7QoXjz7w for a period of 12 months, however we reserve the right to remove the content before this period elapses for whatever reason. All entrants that appear on the website shall receive a fee of £150.
11. Should Fulwell 73 decide that the content you submit has the potential for development we reserve the right to have a first option for any proposed treatment. If Fulwell 73 decide in our own capacity to proceed with this, we will request a full treatment for each idea, which of course you can decline to particulate in. Should this occur we will provide you with our standard development agreement to be agreed in good faith.
12. We may receive other submissions which resemble your entry and that in some cases similar or identical ideas may be generated independently, we accept no responsibility or liability for this and we are free to use these entries in any capacity in any media throughout the world.
13. Our entire liability to you under these terms and conditions shall be limited to £150 (save that nothing shall limit or exclude our liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or other liability that cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law).
14. By submitting your contribution you allow us to use the material in your contribution in any way we may reasonably choose on a free-of-charge basis in any media throughout the world. Comedy 50/50 hope to be able to use your contribution but cannot guarantee to do so.
15. Any copyright in your contribution will remain with you and this permission is not exclusive, so you can continue to use the material you contribute in any way including allowing others to use it.
17. We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any stage, if deemed necessary in our opinion.
18. We cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any server, Internet access, system or otherwise which may result in any entry being lost or not properly registered or recorded. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
19. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales.